Teufel Landscape has proudly been providing quality environmental solutions since 1890, when Gustav Teufel began a small gardening business out of his home in the West Hills of Portland, Oregon, shortly after arriving in the Pacific Northwest from his native Germany. Since that humble beginning in a greenhouse next to his home, five generations of the Teufel family has nurtured and added to the legacy of love for the land and growing beautiful plants. Today, Teufel Landscape remains a local, family-owned business passionately committed to continuing the family tradition of excellence and superior quality set by their forefathers over more than one hundred years ago. Teufel prides itself on high-quality work, delivering each project with technical environmental solutions at the forefront of landscape design.
The Irrigation Manager is responsible for overseeing day to day duties which include irrigation start-up, maintenance checks, winterization and installation.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Ensures spring turn on and winterization of irrigation systems
• Completes various repairs and troubleshooting throughout the year.
• Manages irrigation technicians, installs irrigation systems when necessary.
• Ensures a secure and safe environment for site inspections.
• Ensures the required tools and materials for projects including necessary inventory.
• Monitors the irrigation system in terms of usability and maintenance programs.
• Coordinates repairs with the Service Manager based on the needs of the customer.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by the Service Manager
Qualifications and Skills
• 3-4 years of work related experience or training is required.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• Knowledge of irrigation and irrigation systems is required.
• A Back-flow Certification is desired, but not a requirement
• Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both verbal and written.
• Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work independently and in team settings.
Benefits and Perks